1557 Street Joseph Avenue
East Point, GA 30344-2593
The Atlanta facility has extensive microfilm holdings of value for genealogy research, among them:
- Federal population censuses for all States, 1790-1930;
- indexes for the 1880, 1900, 1910, and 1920 censuses (indexes are not available for all census years and all states);
- selected military service records and indexes;
- selected pension and bounty-land warrant applications;
- indexes to selected passengers arrival records for Eastern and Gulf Coast ports;
- indexes to selected naturalization records processed through Federal courts throughout the Southeast;
- selected records relating to Native Americans and African Americans.
Map + Directions
The facility is located in East Point, Georgia, between downtown Atlanta and Hartsfield Atlanta Airport.
From Interstate 75-85 take GA 166 west to the US 29/Fort McPherson/Main Street exit. Bear right at the exit, following the National Archives Center signs, and go south on Main Street (US 29) about a mile. The signs will direct you off Main Street with a right turn at Newnan Avenue. On Newnan, make an immediate left onto St. Joseph Avenue and proceed 1 1/2 blocks to the facility.
By Public Transportation
The facility is served by MARTA, the metropolitan area's rail/bus transportation system. Take MARTA to the East Point Station or the Lakewood Station and take MARTA's bus route 20 for a 5-minute ride to the facility.